"This blog is the after math of a boy in
New York City trying to really live"

Aug 10, 2010

Ode to Shakespeare

Today was the first day of rehearsals for Shakespeare's "As You Like It" being put up in Down Town NYC at the Glenn Frankel Theatre. It was such an energizing and exciting first day that I decided to do an "Apples to Oranges" tribute to William Shakespeare. Any more ado would be about nothing so, with no further ado...

"These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things"
Shakespeare Inspired


CLICK TO ENLARGE


1) Picture Frame by WildSorbet.com $34.99: As soon as I saw this frame I couldn't take my eyes off it. Its aged wallpaper quality makes your photos look like show pieces. Perfect for my Shakespeare Tribute.

2) Ralph Lauren's Men's Polo $29.95: I love me a good polo. And with Ralph Lauren's Polo's you can be casual with confidence! As a fan of the popped collar (yes i'm proud to say it) I couldn't help but add it to the "...my favorite things": Shakespeare edition, as Bill, himself, is sporting a popped collar in one of his most famous renderings!

3) Italian Leather Desk Journal With Belt Closure by JournalShelf.com $135: For the Journal-er, for the writer, for the thinker. I love feeling like I have journal or manuscript that is really worth the words and thoughts I put in it. Keep this in your bag for thoughts on the go! Perfect for all those who daydream on the subway.

4) Rococo Candelabra $56: I love this because it has that Classic Silhouette BUT its made from a VERY modern material. Classy, Clean and Crazy.

5) Modern Quill Pens by Jayson Home & Garden $28: This is really the best of both worlds. The look and feel of an ink dipped quill BUT the efficiency of a ball point pen. They come in a variety of bird feathers. With these, you'll feel important and dignified even when writing your grocery list.

6) Arnold Brant Turtle neck (with with matching suit $6,000: The priciest item on "...my favorite things":Shakespeare. For me shakespearian cloths are all about the neck flourishes. This ribbed Turtle Neck is an ode to the ruffle collar. A Turtleneck with a suit coat, if you can pull it off, is a nice twist for getting dressed up. I believe dinner and a broadway show would be in order... just NOT "Mama Mia"!

7) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) $17.98: In a world where Kindles are taking over I find it important to have nice copies of your favorite books to turn your bookshelf into a valid show piece. This leather-bound anthology is not only beautiful but puts some of the greatest literary works at your fingertips.

8) BURBERRY Wool and Cashmere-blend cable-knit snood $375: Not only does this circular scarf/neck-wrap remind me of a modern take on the classic Shakespeare ruffle-collar but most importantly Burberry just screams elegance. I know it's costly but Burberry never goes unnoticed. As my masculine rock-climby- type brother even said "I just wanna be well off enough so that I can afford to wear Burberry."

9) Tommy Hilfiger Suit, Grey Slim Stripe, Trim Fit $322: This suit is the perfect combination of modern and classic. Theres is nothing like a complete suit (shirt, tie, vest, jacket, pants) that makes you feel like a modern day nobleman. However, this trim fit ensemble will not give you the bulk silhouette of our favorite shakespeare characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment