"This blog is the after math of a boy in
New York City trying to really live"

Aug 14, 2010

Ani DiFranco

Ani Difranco has been in my ibuds the past few days. She is by far on the top of the list for Artists I admire. Her lyrics are original and oddly philosophical - speaking to the strong woman in all of us. She created her own record label at a very young age "Righteous Babe Records" So she could allow herself to create a product that is completely uncensored and true to herself without having to please a commercial record company. Ani often gets a bad rap for being "an Angry Girl" mostly because she speaks the truth of what she see's and there are those who would rather keep uncomfortable things unsaid, but when I listen to her I notice something very different. In every word, every chord, and every performance you can just hear and tell that she loves to do what she does and most important she does it for no one else but her self. I hope to always love what I do as much as she does. These are three songs that I think really will show just how playfully in love she is with making music.

"Little Plastic Castles"

"In a coffee shop
in a city
which is every coffee shop
in every city
on a day
which is every day"


"Pick Yer Nose"
"I fight with love
and I laugh with rage.
You gotta live light enough to see the humor
You gotta live long enough to see some change."


"Both Hands"
"And in each other's shadows
we grew less and less tall
and eventually our theories
couldn't explain it all.
and I'm recording our history
now on the bedroom wall
and when we leave
the landlord will come
and paint over it all"


No comments:

Post a Comment